coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 100.7hrs.
Total Played: 394hrs.

YOU NEED A LIFE!
votes: 7
Expand

I know this is a bit of an off-topic for me to write here, but I know many of you use programs such as CCleaner, IObit Advanced System Care, and so on. Well, the need for those are obsolete. Microsoft has released their own specifically designed for Windows 10 (1809 and above), and Windows 11. No more relying on 3rd party apps which could be doing other things in the background. I know IObit, a while back, started embedding pop-up ads into their software, where even if you disable the app from startup, it still would run and put the ads on your screen upon startup of your computer. Also, about 5-7 years ago, where was an incident where ASC was actually causing a BSoD upon startup of Windows. It was actually something that MS changed in a patch which caused ASC to cause the BSoD. After me and about 12 other people playing a game of, "What programs you have on startup", we found we all had one in common. After booting in safe mode and uninstalling, everything worked and MS released a patch a day later.

By using a native program vs a 3rd party, there is less of a chance of having issues like that happen.

About:
Microsoft PC Manager is an official Microsoft app, which will allow you to improve the performance of your PC, comfortably and simply. This is a small program you can use to carry out a series of effective routine maintenance tasks, thereby improving the overall performance and speed of our computer.

The Microsoft PC Manager interface is simple and very intuitive. The first thing you will see in the Cleanup tab is the Boost button, which will allow you to clean the temporary files with a single click, to speed up the general operation of the PC. A little further down, you will see the Health check, which will not only find any viruses but will also recommend which elements in your PC need cleaning. From the Storage management tab, on the other hand, you will be able to take an in-depth look at all the files on your hard disk, to detect if there is anything left over quickly. The rest of the features are somewhat more basic, and allow you to open the task manager and select which apps you want to run on Windows startup.

In addition to all these features that keep your computer in shape, Microsoft PC Manager is fully integrated with Windows Defender. This means that you can scan your computer for threats with a single click, block the installation of potentially dangerous programs from your browser of choice, and even check for Windows updates. Moreover, you will receive exact information on what kind of updates are pending. No more blind updating!

Microsoft PC Manager is a very useful application that will basically give you a set of official Microsoft tools that are specially designed to improve the performance and longevity of your PC. And you will always have them at hand. All you have to do is click on the taskbar to display the program window: convenient and fast.

Cleanup

• The Boost feature cleans your temporary files and improves your memory usage.
  • Health Check allows you to clear system logs and recent files, and you can also disable unwanted startup apps to save resources.
  • Store Management has four options:
    • Deep cleanup - Perform a full cleanup scan
    • Manage large files - Look for large files in your drive
    • Manage apps - Remove rarely used apps to save space
    • Storage Scans - Automatically clean up temporary files

• Process Management - End unused processes to make your system run faster
  • Startup Apps - Manage apps that run automatically at log in

Security

• Scan for threats
  • Manage Windows Updates
  • Browser Protection

Visit the Official Microsoft Stores download to download the app:
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

(I personally will ever recommend the official location for downloads).

Expand
Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:06 pm
Spammer
130 Posts
Zardos
Currently Offline

Doesn't like playing games!
Thanks coRpSE, you always come up with good finds. nice  big grin
Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:17 pm
Original Poster
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3017 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

YOU NEED A LIFE!
n/p. I saw this was announced, and I figured for those that prefer to use a 1st party app that isn't bloated, this would be a good choice for them.

Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:40 am
Blabbing Noob
53 Posts
It's only in Beta atm. I tend to try things when they are completed. I'll stick to my Glary Utils for now but will give this a try when it's fully released.

Good find Corpse.
Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:45 pm
Spammer
130 Posts
Zardos
Currently Offline

Doesn't like playing games!
Been using it for the past few days now and it works fine, it does the job.

Sun Jul 23, 2023 6:34 pm
Original Poster
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3017 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

YOU NEED A LIFE!
— Megaboost wrote
It's only in Beta atm. I tend to try things when they are completed. I'll stick to my Glary Utils for now but will give this a try when it's fully released.

Good find Corpse.

Yes, it's in beta, but most of its functions has been built into windows for decades. It's more of wrapping it up and putting it into one package. But I do understand holding off until it's out of beta. Glary Utilities, ASC, CCleaner, and others like them, are decent, but some aspects of those programs are unnecessary and could potentially do damage. For example, registry cleaning, you shouldn't do them. I haven't used GU since my last PC, like 3 – 4 years ago, so i can only comment on that one from my memory, and it was a pretty good system if I remember right.

But, as for the Registry info I was talking about, If anyone is interested, here are 2 videos talking about it.

Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:55 am
NOOB!!!
5 Posts
Will MS massage my ego and tell me how fast my PC boots like Glary Utilizes does? hahaha
[img]https://ibb.co/bQPVZjw[/img]
Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:00 am
NOOB!!!
5 Posts
Let me try that again.
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:16 am
Original Poster
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3017 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

YOU NEED A LIFE!
Not to my knowledge. MS only likes to stroke their own ego, sort of like Apple and Tesla.  lol

Forums ©