coRpSE
In-Game
MechWarrior 5: ...

Most Played:
This week: 25.1hrs.
Total Played: 78hrs.

votes: 7
Expand

I started making this recipe a few years ago when I first got diagnosed with hemochromatosis, since it required me to eat less red meat. The few recipes I found online were all pretty much the same, I always felt that it was lacking, and even my family agreed. So after playing with a bit, I have come up with a slight variant to what is out there that is packed with flavor. The marinade takes about 10 min to make, but the prep is a bit longer, especially since with this recipe, I use fresh herbs and not dried.

I use these amounts for 2–4 boneless chicken breast.

Ingredients:

• 1/3 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
  • 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp of Minced Garlic, (You can use just 1 Tbsp if you like. I like to use pre minced garlic from the store)
  • 2 Tbsp of Fresh Rosemary - (If you want to use dry, you can use the same amount, or a little more.)
  • 2 Tbsp of Fresh Thyme - (If you want to use dry, you can use the same amount, or a little more.)
  • 1 Tbsp of Dijon Mustard
  • 1 Tsp of salt
  • 1 Tsp of Fresh Cracked Pepper
  • 1 One Gallon Zip Lock Bag.

**Note** - If you are using dried Rosemary and Thyme, I recommend making the marinade the night before and put in the fridge, then in the morning, add the chicken. This gives time for the flavors to get pulled from the dried herbs.

Okay, first thing is to take a large bowl, and mix ALL the ingredients into it. Grab a whisk and mix all the ingredients until well blended. Once blended, pour the marinade into the zip lock bag. Then take the chicken and place that into the bag as well. Press out all the air you can and zip it up. Once done, move the chicken around in the bag until you see all the pieces covered, then put in a bowl and put in the fridge. After 4 hours, squeeze the back a bit more and rotate so what was up is now on the bottom. Allow to sit for 4 more hours, (so in total, 8 hours). Go out to your grill and cook it like you would any other chicken. Just shake off the chicken and discard the leftover marinade that had the raw chicken.

You can cook this chicken in your over as well at a temp of 400°F, (about 205°C), but I prefer the taste from a nice grill. Well, just cook the chicken until the internal temp reaches a temp of 165°F, (about 74°C).

I make these with a serving of roasted potatoes, rice, or even on top of a salad in which I use the Balsamic Vinaigrette salad dressing. So good. I just made this twice last week. Didn't even need anything to go on top of the chicken, so much flavor from the marinade. Enjoy...

Expand
Tue Jul 09, 2024 2:51 am
Spammer
132 Posts
Zardos
Currently Offline

Doesn't like playing games!
That looks loverly and tasty I can smell it from here. 2 daumen hoch  2 daumen hoch
Tue Jul 09, 2024 7:55 am
Original Poster
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3031 Posts
coRpSE
In-Game
MechWarrior 5: ...

Most Played:
This week: 25.1hrs.
Total Played: 78hrs.

votes: 7
This has become one of my favorite dishes to make. I generally am not a salad fan with chicken. But using this recipe, I actually like the two together.

Forums ©