3031 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 11.3hrs.
Total Played: 2,686hrs.

Must be married.
votes: 7
I started this script a while ago when I was first thinking about the Steam mod and what I wanted to do with it. This never got past just gathering some information, but a couple of days ago, Lonestar sent me a link to a cool project someone did for another game distribution service called rawg. I never heard of that, but it kind of reminded me of what I started. So I worked on it for a few hours and showed Lonestar. Well, today, I was bored, so I did a bit more to it and added more refined options to it.

Well, enough talking, check it out for yourself.
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

What it is, is a display of the next upcoming games to be release on Steam. It is the next 100+/- popular games that will come out in the next (max of 8 weeks). It will only display the next 100 OR X amount in the next 8 weeks. So, if there is only 90 games coming out in the next 8 weeks, it will only show the 90. If it's 300, then it will show the next 100. The list gets updated every 24+ hours, depending on when the page was last visited. This was done, so Steam won't get bombarded with visits, especially since this is NOT done with any API's.

This is something that I may turn into a module for others to use, or just release the script as is. I don't know, that will be up to if there is any traction of people that want this for their site.

Expand
Sun Sep 15, 2024 4:53 am
Original Poster
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3031 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

Must be married.
Hey everyone, long time no speak. For those of you that don't know, I have been away dealing with family issues. I will talk more about that in another post when the time is right, but I did have some time this morning to mess with this a bit, mostly since I feel a sleep around 6pm last night and was up at 2:30 this morning, and I was courious on what games were on sale on steam. Then I got thinking about this script and I decided to write on a new section to this:
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

What it does is, every 24 hours, as long as someone visits it, it will grab the top 100 up coming games, or the new section I wrote, which will grab the list of all games on sale, at least up to a max of 200, well, I am testing the limits atm. Right now, it only seems like there is 97 games on sale at the time of writing this, so I can only comment that I know at least there is up to 100 game son sale since that is the limits I have set for the up coming games to be released.

This is more of a just a side thing, but if anyone wants the script, or me to write something into a block/module with similar information, I should be able to do that. I may also update the script to all updates every 12 hours vs 24 hours, but we'll see.

Check it out and let me know your thoughts.

Sun Sep 15, 2024 12:53 pm
Spammer
132 Posts
Zardos
Currently Offline

Doesn't like playing games!
Hope all is well with you coRpSE and family.

That looks great, being in one place, would be a nice addition to Xtreme.
Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:48 am
Nuke Dev / Coder
101 Posts
Lonestar
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 84.5hrs.
Total Played: 1,072hrs.

There is life outside of the game.
I like it, Nice work my friend lachen

Expand
Tue Sep 17, 2024 11:40 am
Original Poster
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3031 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

Must be married.
Thanks, not sure what to do with it yet.
Just picked up from where I left off in the first post, and scraped what I could for the games on sale and now, not sure what to do.

Sat Sep 21, 2024 4:37 pm
Blabbing Noob
54 Posts
I Like this Idea. It would make a brilliant Mod for Xtreme.

Keep up the Great! Work buddy.
Forums ©