3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 77.7hrs.
Total Played: 195hrs.

There is life outside of the game.
votes: 7
Okay, some of you know I was working on a few different steam scripts and also had the one that is for the Clan Manager,
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

Expand

Well, I noticed a couple of months ago they were no longer displaying the details and seemed not to work anymore. I hadn't looked into it even though I kept saying that I needed to. Well, today I finally did and I was all ready to start updating the code when I found a article about SteamSpy game analytics and why it no longer work. Steam, back in April, updated their privacy and by default, set everyone to "friends-only", and failed to notify people of this change. Because of that, any script that relied on Steams API would no longer work correctly.

To fix this, it's easy.
Open up steam and go to your profile and select "Edit Profile". Once in there, on the right, go to "My Privacy Settings" and set My basic details, My profile, and Game details to public. Then uncheck the "Always keep my total playtime private even if users can see my game details." and you should be all set.

Here is another example of a script I was looking to include with the next release of the CMS.
Latest steam script:
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

Well, if your running any of my steam scripts or have one of your own, this is what your going to need to do for steam to work on your site.
Forums ©