● Forum Usergroups - User (group) appears three times?

Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:33 am
NOOB!!!
24 Posts
When I look at my own User Info block I appear to be a member of three "user" groups. At least my membership of user is listed three times.

It also appears three times in the Group Membership Details. One of these user groups also contained anonymous members, which I have deleted. Other than that each user group is identical and contains the same members.

I guess two questions ...

1. How/Why is my site generating multiple "user" usergroups - only visible when I am logged in?
2. Why do I sometimes see these anonymous members listed in one of the user usergroups (and nowhere else)? These are entirely inert as they have no access to anything.
Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:39 am
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 77.7hrs.
Total Played: 195hrs.

There is life outside of the game.
votes: 7
Is it the same forum group that your seeing multiple times?
Are you in that group?
Is this the default group?
Screenshot would be helpful in this situation.

If you are in this group that you are seeing multiple times, try removing yourself and readding your self to the group. Just note, if your the group moderator, you don't add yourself as a member of it as well since you're already there.

Edit:
I don't know how you set up your groups and your forum permissions, but here is a video tutorial on what is the best way to do forum permissions per group that allows you to set user permissions easily just by putting them into certain groups.
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in
Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:59 am
Original Poster
NOOB!!!
24 Posts
Same usergroup called user x3. In my case the user info block reads ...

Group Memberships:
Moderators
Users
Server Admins
Accounts Group
Users
Users
Server Regular

Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:25 pm
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

Did you try removing yourself from the group and then re-adding yourself to the group?

If that doesn't work, try this one thing before doing the following option which requires the fixgroup.php file I attached.

Open up your ACP->blocks and change the userblock you are currently using to the CZUser-Info and see if it appears there as-well.
If it does, then proceed to the next step.

Download the attached file and extract it and upload the fixgroup.php to public_html/modules/Forums/.
To run it go to www.yoursite.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=fixgroup
Of course, edit the "yoursite.com" to your actual URL for your site.

Most times I have run upon this, just simple removing yourself from the group and re-adding yourself to the group worked, but this was an old fix for the issue a while ago.

Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:55 am
Original Poster
NOOB!!!
24 Posts
I could not straight off remove myself from the group as I was the group moderator and the remove option is blanked.

Before sorting that, I skipped forward to your other suggestions. I found that I was indeed listed three times in CZUser-Info too, my username was also appearing three times as a member of this same usergroup in a few other places. So I tried the fixgroup.php and although that mentioned some members were in groups and some were not, allocated various numbers to each member it did not directly fix the problem of my user appearing three times in one usergroup? I am not sure what the fixgroup.php did to be honest.

So I returned to your first comment, removed myself as a Moderator of that group, switching with another trusted group member. I ticked on one entry (out of the three) for my name, hit delete, all three entries in my user name disappeared. I then rejoined the group, switched myself back to moderator and job done. I now appear as a member of that usergroup one time only.

Thank you for the suggested fixes and the solution, it proved useful to be turning over all areas where this might have been mixed up and ultimately just removing things for the fix. Another lesson learned.

Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:31 am
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played: