3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 77.7hrs.
Total Played: 195hrs.

There is life outside of the game.
votes: 7
Google announces Project Stream, will let testers play Assassin’s Creed Odyssey for free

Google has announced Project Stream, a game streaming service that it is calling a “technical test” with the aim of solving the issues around interactive video streaming. The company has partnered with Ubisoft to stream Assassin’s Creed Odyssey to a test group of users through its Chrome browser on a laptop or desktop.

Earlier this year, The Information reported that Google was looking into developing a game streaming service that would stream to Chromecast devices. Google says it wants to address issues like graphic degradation and buffering that currently cause issues with game streaming, and especially with AAA titles like those from the Assassin’s Creed franchise.

Those interested in testing out Project Stream can sign up for a test spot here, but Google says space is limited and you’ll need a home internet connection of at least 25mbps to play the game smoothly. Test users must be at least 17 and live in the US to participate.

Spots are limited, and filling out this form does not guarantee access
Players who are accepted into the program will have access until mid-January
Here is a list of the requirements:
  • For U.S. residents who are 17 or older
  • A computer with reliable internet access (we'll test it for you)
  • A controller or mouse & keyboard to play
  • A Google Account, a Ubisoft account, and Chrome

Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:09 am
Blabbing Noob
98 Posts
nice find

its strictly US only though

Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in
Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:09 pm
Original Poster
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

Yeah. I Just got in the test today. Game is not bad and the service isn't that bad, but I do see some heavy pixelation.

Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:30 am
Blabbing Noob
51 Posts
[ATF]Porthos
Currently Offline

Doesn't like playing games!
Got my email last night that I am in.
Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:03 pm
NOOB!!!
1 Posts
in less than a week it used over 80 gigs of usages google stream is crap just buy a damn pc already lol !my nephew thought he was the shit unit my father went to town on him about the email and how much he used in such a short time lol.that was fun to watch this morning.
Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:34 pm
Original Poster
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

— diamondman1975 wrote
in less than a week it used over 80 gigs of usages google stream is crap just buy a damn pc already lol !my nephew thought he was the shit unit my father went to town on him about the email and how much he used in such a short time lol.that was fun to watch this morning.

Huh. For me, it used about the same amount of usage as Vudu, Netflix, or any other streaming service. But for gaming, I would have to rate it a 7.5 out of 10. I have 150+ hours of game time/streaming time into it, and my usage was about the same on the down. Im also not on a metered connection so I don't have any monthly caps on usage, so I can see having any streaming service where data caps are in place can cause some problems.

Forums ©