3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 77.7hrs.
Total Played: 195hrs.

There is life outside of the game.
votes: 7
Well, since I have been away from a computer for a while, I've been able to catch up on movies. Well, one thing has come up and now I can't seem to turn it off. Have you ever heard of the Wilhelm scream, if not, I'm sure you heard the scream, just never stuck with you.

Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

After watching a bunch of movies and kept hearing the same scream over and over again, I decided to do a little bit more research on that scream since it seems to be everywhere. Come find out that the sound effect is a stock file that can be used, and its first known use was in the film in 1951 called Distant Drums. Since then, it's been used in hundreds of movies. The sound effect was originally called "Man getting bit by an alligator, and he screamed.", but is now referred as the Wilhelm Scream.

To list a few movies off the top of my head that use that sound effect are:
Star Wars
Die Hard
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Indiana Jones
Spaceballs
Willow
The Fifth Element
Lethal Weapon
Star Trek movies
The Lord of the Rings
And many others, even Disney animated movies.

What I've learned is it's now pretty much a joke among audio Engineers to try sneaking that sound effect into any movie that they work on, the problem is with me, that it is driving me nuts because I no longer can watch a movie with picking it out. I just wish the joke can be over and to stop using stock audio files that are over used.

Expand
Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:58 pm
Spammer
117 Posts
lachtot

Expand
Forums ©